Most people don’t want to have their roof replaced. It’s a big expense and can be a hassle. However, keeping a solid roof on the structure is vital to keeping your home safe and dry. Here is what you need to know if you need a new roof.
1. No one will give you an estimate over the phone. There are simply too many variables that affect the price, such as:
• How many valley and peaks your roof has and how long they are.
• How effective the attic airflow is and whether it needs to be corrected.
• The presence of rotted decking.
• Whether roof vents are being replaced or reused.
• Whether you have one or two layers of shingles.
• Odd areas that require special attention, such as where a roof meets a rising wall.
• Whether there is an active leak that needs to be covered with a tarp.
• What type of shingles you want.
These factors contribute to experienced roofers being able to work up a quote. Coming to the property to do an inspection allows Oklahoma City roofing contractors to determine exactly what is needed, what the sizes are and what the homeowner wants so an accurate price estimate can be delivered.
2. It won’t be done the same day. It takes time to assemble the team and get the product ready to go. Most roofing jobs are scheduled in advance. If there is a problem and you have a leaky roof, we can tarp the roof to protect your investment while you are waiting for the replacement roof.
3. It’s messy. It would be great if we could say that putting on a new roof is a clean process, but it isn’t. We do, however, promise you that the mess is temporary. We will clean up the entire mess before we leave so you can have a clean yard and a gorgeous new roof.
4. It’s loud. If you are going to be bothered by hearing footsteps on the roof and the steady pounding of hammers, you might want to make arrangements to spend the day with a friend. The good news, again, is that the noise is temporary.
5. It’s a chance to drastically change the appearance of your home. Curb appeal does matter, and this is a great chance to improve yours. Take your time choosing the shingle color you want so you can enjoy a sharp looking house when it’s done.
Robbins Roofing, Inc. is an experienced roofing company in Oklahoma City. We offer roof repair and can help if you need a new roof. Contact us today to schedule an inspection of your home and to receive an estimate. You can also visit us on Facebook to learn more about our services, products and qualifications.