High-grade metal roofing offers a range of benefits; from saving energy to promoting environmental and economic sustainability. It can save up to 40% of your household’s annual energy costs. And in terms of aesthetics, metal roofing provides attractive solutions with its color, texture, and profile options. Metal roofs are durable and fire-resistant, capable to last a lifetime.
Robbins Roofing installs high-grade metal roofs and upgrades traditional shingle roofs in Oklahoma. These are the main points that make metal roofing an efficient element of your house or building:
- These metal roofs can last up to 40 to 70 years as opposed to traditional roofs that typically last up to 20 years. A study on 36 roofing systems involving office, retail, institutional, and warehouse buildings with metal, asphalt, and single-ply roofs averaging 92,000 feet prove the durability of metal roofs. Owners report spending 3.5% of installation costs for maintaining their metal roofs, as opposed to 28% for asphalt and 19% for single-ply with regards to expected service life.
- They also have a Class A fire rating, and as a noncombustible material, these roofs are safer than traditional roofs that ignite into flames.
- The potential for renewable energy in metal roofs emphasizes sustainability. Metal roofs can accommodate solar panels without compromising roof integrity. Also, it is 100% recyclable with the steel in retrofitted roofs containing 25% recycled material. Conventional roofs, when disposed, yield hazardous waste.
- Metal roofs upgrade the value of your property by improving on its energy efficiency, saving on your monthly utility bills, and enabling higher rents or selling prices. With its economic advantages, Energy Star-certified office buildings can have 5-9% rent premiums, while resale premiums range from 13-26%.
- Ultimately, high-grade metal roofs are energy efficient. By reflecting solar heat, it minimizes heat gain in your roof through re-emitting solar radiation. This decreases lighting needs and air conditioning costs.
Given these benefits, why shouldn’t you have metal roofing installed? If you have questions or inquiries, feel free to contact us for assistance.